Allow me to in interrupt your day, to show you this elegant dove grey inspired multicultural wedding shoot superbly done by very talented Hannah Larkin who brings to life the ideas and story conceived and directed by amazingly creative Gilly Keat of Amore Star Events with the help of other select suppliers alongside us – spectacularly amazing!
15th century historical hidden gem That Amazing Place was their backdrop for the shoot. A beautiful venue in Essex, recently refurbished for couples who enjoy that luxury and modern touch and an exclusive use wedding venue. Enjoy these romantic images from Hannah Larkin and a behind the scenes video to give you a sneak peek by Jay Anderson Weddings.Read on to find out more about the inspiration behind the shoot and some ace tips on how you can recreate this look for your own wedding from Gilly and Hannah!
Inspiration behind the shoot
We were really keen to create a styled shoot that showcased and inspired couples from diverse backgrounds, says Hannah; and for Gilly it was about creating a wedding theme that has consistency with a simple, minimal look all featuring shades of dove grey. She says, the theme and the shoot was created around and inspired by the bespoke designer Ailsa Munroe’s beautiful grey silk wedding dress ‘Elin’ that we wanted to show that shades of grey can be used to create a stylish and memorable look.
At HIRE5 Menswear, we are privileged to be able to provide the groom’s outfit and chose a grey suit paired with a our signature tweed waistcoat, silver tie and matching pocket square. A simple buttonhole from Browns Blooms & Balloons, silver ring and sandcast cuff links from Justin Duance finished off the look.
Gilly chose an intimate setting as the shoot’s backdrop in the beautiful grounds of That Amazing Place, A single round table was set up in the gazebo, which lends itself perfectly for an intimate celebration. Sheltered from the elements, but open-sided, the gazebo allows views of the lake and former monastery and provides a light and airy feel.
Top Tips to recreate the look
- Don’t worry about exactly matching the colours – the beauty of using shades of grey is that they will all go together!
- Use colour where it might not be expected – a coloured wedding dress or veil is unusual and striking, opting for coloured nails instead of a traditional French manicure is an easy way to add colour, whilst coloured glassware helps continue your theme through the drinks reception.
- Not everything has to be grey – using a pale grey table runner on a white table-cloth creates an elegant look and incorporating white and green with flowers and succulents also adds interest.
- Tell all your suppliers about your colour theme – this allows the colour palette to be incorporated throughout your day from your invitations right through to the cake cutting.
- Use contrasting textures to add interest – the silk wedding dress and tie contrast beautifully with the groom’s tweed waistcoat. Mix and match your tableware to create a unique look – we used slate place settings, mother of pearl cutlery and silver patterned glassware.
- If you’re on a budget keep your décor simple – single roses or small succulents in pots combined with tea lights is a simple but effective way to decorate your table.
- Vary the height of your table décor – a low centrepiece works well on a round table allowing all your guests to see and speak to each other, whilst you can add variations in height by using a combination of tea lights and pillar candles.
Behind The Scenes Video
The Power Team
Photography: Hannah Larkin hannahlarkinphotography.com
Stylist: Gilly Keat, Amore Star Events amorestarevents.co.uk (assistant styling Jenni Payne)
Videography: Jay Anderson jayandersonwedding.com
Venue: That Amazing Place thatamazingplace.co.uk
Bridal Accessories: Headpiece, bracelet & necklace: Donna Crain donnacrain.com
Cake: Sugared Saffron sugaredsaffron.co.uk
Dress: Ailsa Munro ailsamunrodressmaker.com
Hair: Brides Personified bridespersonified.com
Flowers: Browns, Blooms & Balloons brownsbloomsandballoons.co.uk
Make Up: Makeupology makeupology.co.uk
Nails: Got Nails Got Beauty gotnailsgotbeauty.co.uk
Rings & cufflinks: Justin Duance Jewellery justind.co.uk
Shoes (bride): Emmy London emmylondon.com
Stationery: Suzanne Oddy Design suzanneoddydesign.com
Suit: Us hirefive.co.uk
Tableware: Couvert Bespoke Event Hire couvert.co.uk
Veil: Sash and Veil sashandveil.co.uk
Thanks for reading.
HIRE5 Style Team